Social media has become an integral part of our lives.
From Facebook to Instagram, Twitter to Snapchat, TikTok to Pinterest – everyone uses social media platforms to connect with friends, share ideas, find inspiration, and stay up to date on current events.
It wasn’t long ago that social media was considered a small part of the marketing pie, but now it’s impossible to ignore. You can now find social media content in almost any marketing campaign.
No wonder marketers use these sites to reach potential customers and increase sales.
By the time you read this, more than 3.2 billion photos will be shared by social media users, 8 billion videos viewed on Facebook, and 65% of those views will come from mobile users – all in a single day.
People love social media platforms. Not a crush or infatuation, but the kind of love that keeps them up at night and interferes when they’re trying to focus — literally.
If you are a business owner or marketer looking for ways to boost your company’s online visibility, here are some facts about social media marketing that may change the way you think about these platforms and their consumer reach.
30 crazy facts for social media
There are tons of stats out there that give you all the ins and outs of social media, but a lot of them are — frankly — boring.
So, why not tone things down a bit?
You need to improve your social media strategy, and you need some numbers to make it happen.
We want to make it easy for you to enjoy, remember, and apply what you learn, so here are 30 crazy social media facts to stoke your marketing fires.
Social media usage statistics
1. We love to share love. The average internet user has 8.6 social media accounts.
2. The number of social media users has skyrocketed 72% of adults use at least one social network.
3. Young people were early adopters of social media platforms. However, the use of seniors continues to increase in recent years with more They are between the ages of 50 and 64 using Facebook from those between the ages of 18 and 29.
4. Do you need proof that we are visual beings? Today over 3.2 billion photos and 720,000 hours of video are shared Per day via social media.
5. 59% of WhatsApp users and 53% of Facebook users in the US post content to their accounts.
6. We spend on average 145 minutes a day on social media all over the world.
Social media marketing statistics
7- As of the third quarter of 2020, $10 million Brands advertise on Facebook. This is a significant increase from the 7 million advertisers in the first quarter of the previous year.
8. It is logical to consider 73% Many marketers believe that their social media marketing efforts have been “somewhat effective” or “very effective” for their business.
9. This includes B2B marketers who ranked social media advertising as the second most successful (29%) behind paid search (33%) to produce content marketing results.
10. Social media advertising spending in the US was $40.3 billion in 2020.
11. According to a report from Dentsu, paid for by B 18% Growth In social media, global digital ad spending is expected to grow by 10.1% year-on-year.
Cool Instagram facts we bet you never knew
12. Instagram reports 50% of users are more interested in a brand when they see ads for it on Instagram.
13. There 200+ million Business Instagram accounts. From mid-size companies like Fashion Nova (20 million followers) to large corporate giants like Nike (90 million followers), it’s the perfect social platform to be seen and shared.
14. There More than 2 billion Monthly active users on Instagram.
15. Companies use Instagram stories or influencer marketing with discretion 500,000 active influencers who are only on Instagram.
16. Instagram users are spending 30 minutes every day on instagram. And for any brand, this kind of social media use is a marketer’s dream.
For example, I watched the fashion brand Adore Me Great results with her influencer marketing campaign on Instagram and Facebook.
Content shared by influencers generated 2 times higher click-through rate, 7% higher sales conversion rate, and 37% lower cost per incremental purchase compared to traditional creative ads.
YouTube comments on social media users and how to use them to your advantage
17. YouTube is responsible for more than 25% of total worldwide mobile traffic by volume.
18. Not surprising given the load of social media users 500+ hours of content every minute! That’s more content than ABC, CBS and NBC combined, and enough to keep you glued to your screen – just what marketers need.
What’s more, even these broadcast networks are now using social media (including YouTube) and it’s not surprising that they do.
19. YouTube has it 2 billion Monthly active registered users worldwide. This makes it seem as if the entire world is on YouTube; Most likely you visited YouTube today.
Brands like Nectar use YouTube ads Increase brand visibility. After developing a performance-oriented video ad creative that resulted in a 382% increase in brand interest.
Great social media stats from TikTok
20. On average, TikTok users spend in the US 68 minutes a day On the site are 50 minutes of 15-second video clips recorded by music clips. For the most part, the content revolves around lip-syncing, dancing, and comedy acting. Mostly it appeals to young people.
21. TikTok has the smallest user base of all social media sites with 68% of its users are under the age of 30 and 28% are under the age of 18.
22. This is the main reason why TikTok has increased its annual revenue to $1.9 billion in 2020.
Given these statistics, the potential for social media marketing is amazing.
23. Here is a youth-dominated platform available at 154 countries all over the world. Surprisingly, marketers are catching up.
It’s the place to go to find a younger, energetic global audience, which is exactly what Mango needs for its fashion brand.
Mango TikTok strategy that has 14,000 followers
When Mango, the Spanish fashion brand, needed to create more awareness, they turned to TikTok’s TopView — an advertising tool designed to present your videos as soon as users launch the app.
TopView The ads are 60 seconds long, full screen, and auto-play with sound.
For this reason, Mango has used the tool to showcase global influencers in their clothing. Their videos featured official music and a call to join the Mango community.
Game changing results
By the first day of going live, the engagement rate for Mango videos was 17.1%. In the following days, the brand experienced incredible success up by 1,900% In followers, 700 to 14,000 TikTok followers.
An example supported by statistics on how social media is used.
The excellent Facebook open rate you need to know
24. Business on Facebook Messenger Shares 20 billion messages with consumers per month.
25. Facebook users are spending 34 minutes per day to check their feeds, respond to notifications, and respond to messages.
26. 49% of Facebook users log into the network several times a day.
27. But that’s not all: 41% of American social media users use Facebook to share engaging content while 25% like a company post.
28. No wonder there are more than $10 million advertisers on the platform.
29. Of the ad clicks generated by these advertisers, more than 18% of US adults complete a purchase.
30. All promising implications for a marketer looking to create ads for Facebook 81% of users With an income of $60,000 to $70,000.
Such social media facts determine the digital marketer’s decision when choosing a platform.
And when you’re looking to generate leads, create brand awareness, or increase conversions, you need a platform Designer for the job.
Smart Facebook strategy for my English school
Luigi Sghiri, founder and CEO of My English School, needed an efficient way to attract potential clients for the 33 branches of My English School all over Italy. Not only that, he needed to turn those leads into conversions.
This meant finding people who were interested in learning English and who were more likely to join.
Sguerri decided to use Facebook for the platform’s ability to target a broad but relevant group of potential customers, encourage action, and guide leads along the customer journey.
The strategy included three campaigns targeting different audiences and ThruPlay billing.
- Mobile-friendly videos targeted people within 10 kilometers of any branch.
- Leading ads target travelers, travel professionals, and people with an interest in travel.
- Conversion ads targeted teens as well as people between the ages of 55 and 65 who were interested in languages.
- by playing Billing ensures that they only pay for videos watched to completion.
The result within a month
My English school strategy won them over 4000 quality leads Within a month and at less than half the price of previous years’ campaigns.
This was twice as many leads as last year, 58% cheaper, and the company’s best performance ever.
Social media is constantly changing, and remains extremely important to your digital marketing strategy.
The first step is to learn about these social media realities and some of the successful techniques that have been employed.
However, there is a lot that goes into creating a successful digital marketing plan.
For example, you may need to understand the different strengths and weaknesses of each platform or the best ways to use them.
Just showing up is not enough. You also need to understand the rules of the game and know how to outrun the competition.
These 30 social media facts are just a starting point. What you do with this information is entirely up to you, but we know you’ll see some great results.
- 15 great social media marketing examples
- 5 Social Media Strategies You Can Use To Boost Your SEO
- Social Media Marketing: A Complete Strategy Guide
Featured image: Darko 1981 / Shutterstock