LinkedIn is expanding access to professional certifications through new partnerships with Meta, Oracle and IBM.
Professional course content and certifications offered through LinkedIn allow people to enhance their skill set with materials from trusted providers.
Users can highlight existing skills on their profile upon course completion. LinkedIn says that 44% of people have added testimonials to their profiles over the past two years.
Courses from Meta, Oracle, and IBM add to LinkedIn Learning’s growing library, which subscribers can access at no additional charge.
New subscribers can access the materials for free with a one-month trial, which converts to a $39.99 monthly subscription after the trial period.
While course materials are included with a LinkedIn Learning subscription, certification exams Additional cost.
However, LinkedIn Learning subscribers receive a significant discount on the cost of certification exams.
Below is more information about the new courses available through LinkedIn Learning.
Professional Meta Certifications
Meta professional certifications allow people to stand out as a proven high-level competency in digital marketing and social media.
The three Meta courses offered through LinkedIn Learning include:
- Meta Certified Digital Marketing AssociateCovers topics such as creating a Meta presence, understanding value, advertising basics, and creating, managing, and reporting ads on Meta platforms.
- Meta certified community managerCovers topics related to defining and creating a community, developing community strategies and processes, making strategic content decisions, engaging and monitoring communities, and measuring and analyzing community success.
- Meta Certified Media Buying ProfessionalCovers topics related to campaign planning, preparation, reporting, and campaign measurement and optimization.
Professional certifications from Oracle University
Professional certifications from Oracle can prepare people for new career opportunities working with cloud infrastructure.
Oracle University courses offered through LinkedIn include:
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Certification Prep: Architect
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Certification Preparation: Foundations
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Certification Preparation: Professional Engineer
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Certification Preparation: Cloud Operations Assistant
- Oracle Autonomous Database Certification Preparation: Cloud Specialist
IBM Professional Certifications
Professional certifications from IBM can prepare people for new career opportunities in cloud computing.
IBM courses offered through LinkedIn Learning include:
- IBM Certified Cloud Advocate
- IBM Certified Cloud Technology Advocate
- IBM Cloud Certified Professional Engineer
- IBM Certified Cloud Professional Site Reliability Engineer
Skills-based recruitment is on the rise
Completion of certification courses and exams offered through LinkedIn Learning does not guarantee employment. However, LinkedIn notes a rise in skill-based hiring.
In a blog post, LinkedIn states:
Over the past two years, the Global Skills Initiative partnership between LinkedIn and Microsoft has helped tens of millions of people learn the skills needed for in-demand jobs through free access to curated content.
We have exceeded our goal of helping 250,000 businesses gain skills-based employment in 2021 through new and existing staffing products – and enabling more than 400,000 businesses for skills-based employment that year.”
As part of the company’s ongoing commitment to helping job seekers build and prove their skills, LinkedIn acquired EduBrite earlier this year.
EduBrite is a platform that creates and hosts professional certifications and assessments, expanding the offerings for LinkedIn Learning subscribers.
Featured image: fizkes/Shutterstock