When it comes to engaging and converting B2B buyers, video is an essential tool in your marketing arsenal.
Absolutely 95% of B2B buyers say video plays an important role going forward with a purchase, according to new survey results from Brightcove and Ascend2.
Researchers surveyed more than 300 B2B decision makers at organizations generating more than $50 million in revenue across North America and the UK.
These findings give us a glimpse into the decision-making processes of today’s B2B corporate buyers, and how the availability of video affects the products and services they ultimately buy.
How video helps B2B buyers make decisions
According to 70% of respondents, video is the best content format for creating awareness of business related issues.
B2B buyers turn to video to learn more about the products and services they are considering, to learn how to solve a problem, to better understand the problem they are facing, and more.
Here are the top seven ways our survey respondents said videos are most helpful:
Survey respondents said video is a high-impact medium, with 70% agreeing that video has the most impact over other content formats.
The video is great for building confidence and awareness
- 93% of B2B buyers say video is important for building confidence in a company’s ability to deliver on its promises.
- 97% of new video viewers say they will be more receptive to sales communication from a business after consuming their video content.
- 88% of B2B buyers surveyed watched videos to learn about a company’s products or services in the past 3 months.
It’s also a useful format for making complex topics more interesting and easier to understand.
In fact, 81% of respondents said they would prefer to see an explanation of a complex product or service in the form of a video.
These were the top sectors/topics where B2B buyers prefer video over other types of content:
What types of videos do B2B buyers watch?
Nearly two-thirds of B2B buyers (65%) said video is the most useful format for researching potential solutions to the problems they are trying to solve.
But what types of videos might resonate best with your B2B audience?
These are the types of video most watched by B2B business buyers in the past three months, according to the survey:
- Product review video
- Product offerings
- Lessons and training
- Live videos including webinars
- educational videos
- Brand stories
- Industry trend reports
- Customer testimonials
- Thought leadership interviews
Other key B2B video marketing takeaways
Among other B2B video insights, this survey found the following:
- 83% of B2B buyers would prefer touring a product via video over a written format.
- 92% of B2B executives would prefer to be introduced to a salesperson via video over written communication.
- 52% of B2B buyers stated that engagement features such as links to other content, choosing your own journey experiences, and like/dislike buttons are most important to them when it comes to items included in a business-related video.
Loading Full report from Brightcove For more B2B company survey findings on how important speed and load time are, the effects of video on loyalty and endorsement, how video stacks back to webinars and other content formats, and more.
- How will digital video advertising dominate the next decade?
- Video SEO: 10 Steps to Optimizing Your Videos for Search and Discovery
- Top Video SEO Strategy Tips [Podcast]
Featured image: Shutterstock.com/4 girls 1 boy