TikTok A Key Part Of Consumers’ Path To Purchase
A global research study found that TikTok is an essential part of consumers’ purchase path, as new products are increasingly discovered and purchased.
The study aims to determine the role and perceptions of TikTok across the retail consumer journey.
According to the findings of the study, TikTok’s off-platform influence is translated into the real world.
TikTok is reshaping the traditional path of buying and driving sales at scale.
Instead of a sales funnel, the buying funnel on TikTok is described as an “infinite loop.” This means that there is no definite starting point and end point.
Instead, consumers enter, exit and re-enter the sales journey at different stages based on their needs and wants.
It’s important for marketers to be aware of the findings of this study, as TikTok’s influence on consumer buying decisions is likely to only go up from here.
Here are the most important points in the study to keep in mind.
Key points from the study on the TikTok sales journey
In the following sections you will find a summary roundup of the main data points from T.ikTok Marketing Science Global Retail Track of Purchasing Studyconducted by the material.
TikTok user stats
These stats shed light on users’ perception of TikTok, along with their wants and needs:
- 44% Daily TikTok users want their branded content to be fun and interesting.
- 49% Many users say TikTok is a resource for discovering something new.
- 35% Many users say that TikTok is a resource for learning something new.
- 29% Many users say TikTok is a source of inspiration.
Consumer behavior of TikTok users
These stats highlight the consumer behavior of TikTok users:
- users spend 14% More when TikTok is part of the buying journey
- 37% Users discover something on TikTok and immediately go buy it.
- 35% of TikTok users buy something they see on the platform.
- 29% of users say they were unable to purchase a product they discovered on TikTok because it was sold out.
- 39% of TikTok users say that “lifting the spirits” is a key factor when they decide to purchase a product.
- 44% of TikTok users discovering products from videos posted by a brand.
- 44% of TikTok users discover products through ads in their feed.
- 38% of TikTok users interacted with a video posted by a brand while actively searching for the product.
- 24% of TikTok users have interacted with ads in their feed while actively searching for a product.
Post-purchase behavior of TikTok users
The following stats show what TikTok users do After, after They buy a product they discovered on the platform:
- 1 in 5 Users create how-to or educational videos on TikTok.
- 1 in 4 Users have posted and tagged a brand.
- 1 in 4 Users created a post featuring a product they purchased.
- 1 in 4 Users commented on a post by a brand.
- 1 in 5 DM users are a trademark.
- 1 in 4 Users have followed a brand.
Comparing TikTok users to other social media users
Compared to users on other social media platforms, TikTok users are:
- 1.5 times They are more likely to immediately go out and buy something they discovered on the platform compared to users of other platforms.
- 1.5 times You are more likely to convince a friend or family member to buy a product they saw on the app
- 2.4 times The likelihood of creating a post and tagging a brand increases after purchasing a product.
- 2x They are more likely to comment or DM a brand after making a purchase.
- 1.3 times You are likely to feel excited or elated about purchasing the products.
- 1.4 times More than users on other platforms to search for products and brands they discover.
For more data on TikTok’s role in consumers’ path to purchase, see the full study.
Source: Tik Tok
Featured image: Ascannio/Shutterstock