Facebook group admins can take advantage of a new set of features to automatically edit content, along with new tools to grow their community.
Collectively, this series of features is designed to help administrators reduce their workload, manage their group more efficiently, and grow their group with relevant audiences.
- New ways to grow Facebook groups
- New ways to manage a Facebook group
- New ways to automatically moderate content
New ways to grow Facebook groups
Admins can use these new tools to grow their community by reaching more ideal group members directly.
- QR codesAn easier way to share a particular Facebook group with other people. Upon checking out, people will be directed to the group’s About page where they can either join or request to join.
- Calls via email: Administrators now have the option to invite other people to join their Facebook group via email.
New ways to manage a Facebook group
Group admins can now automate more of their duties, and access data more efficiently, with these updates:
- Updates to help the administrator: Automatically approve or reject member requests based on specific criteria, such as whether they have answered all members’ questions.
- Admin home page updates: Includes an overview page on desktop to quickly review things that need attention, and an insights summary on mobile to help admins understand growth and engagement.
New ways to adjust content automatically
These new tools can help Facebook group administrators moderate posts and manage users’ ability to participate in the group.
- Updates to help the administrator: Automatically reject incoming posts that are determined to contain false information.
- New “comment” functionTemporarily restrict group members from posting, commenting, replying, chatting, or entering a room in a group.
Source: Facebook newsroom
Featured image: Screenshot from about.fb.com/news, March 2022.