Watching and sharing videos may be the world’s favorite pastime. In fact, it is an everyday occurrence for countless people of all ages.
A video that goes viral can gain millions of views by being shared across a variety of social media platforms, ranging from TikTok and Reels to YouTube and Twitter.
But did you know that you can add a video to your Google Business Profile?
Businesses of all sizes face an incredible amount of competition. Small businesses, in particular, face constant challenges finding new and innovative ways to capture the attention of fickle consumers.
Finding a cost-effective way to reach an audience and build interest in your products and services can be the difference between success and failure.
One of the best ways to achieve this is to tap into the audience’s thirst for short videos.
It’s easier than ever, as Google now allows business owners to post promotional video ads on their business page.
Here’s what you need to know about using video in Google Business Profiles (formerly Google My Business) to build your brand and help your company stand out and thrive among a sea of competitors.
5 great reasons to use videos on your Google Business Profile
There are a variety of reasons why you might want to take advantage of video marketing.
1. Stand out from the crowd
When searching for a product or service online, it can be difficult to distinguish one brand from another.
Buyers often make their choice based on factors such as user reviews and/or a company’s website.
Adding video is an excellent way to show potential buyers how you differ from your competition.
2. Inform potential clients
The purpose of a marketing video doesn’t have to be to sell your product. Video gives you an opportunity to educate your audience and explain to them why they should choose your product over competitors as well.
If your product or service isn’t fully understood, providing answers to frequently asked questions can help build trust and ultimately turn that relationship into sales.
3. Show the features of your product or service
People are bound to feel more comfortable with the product or service after seeing it in use.
The image is great, but it has its limitations. The video provides users with a more detailed introduction to the product, making it easier to understand the size, scope and function.
4. Viral potency
We live in the age of information overload, where people do not have the time or patience to search extensively for a product or service.
It’s easy to skip the picture. On the other hand, video has the ability to grab and hold attention for the time required to get your message across.
Viral videos can totally promote your business in the public eye. Sterling limits videos to 30 seconds or less, so you have a small window in which you can create a powerful message or a funny video that will make people want to share it on their social media.
The advantage for small businesses is that, unlike commercial video, there is no expectation of a big budget promotion. Most viral videos are recorded on a mobile phone rather than a professional toolkit. What matters is your creativity and content.
5. You can trumpet your own
A famous business consultant Ken Blanchard He once said, “If you don’t sound your horn, someone else will use it as a spittoon.”
Using video is a great way to showcase your accomplishments, whether it’s showcasing a product or highlighting the awards or nominations your company has received. This is a great way to build trust in your brand.
Showing unique ways to use your product is another way to attract people who might not know they need it.
Suggesting product “hacks” can attract a whole new audience to give your product a chance. Video is very effective at doing this, considering the ever-declining consumer interest.
How to add a video to your Google Business Profile
Adding a video to your GBP profile is an easy process that takes very little time or performance.
First, you must have a Google Business profile. If you don’t have one, you can claim it now in Search or set one up.
As of November 2021, here are some easy instructions on how to upload your videos to your profile.
1. Sign in to your Google Business Profile account and go to the Photos section in the left menu.
In the top menu, tap Videos and select Post videos.
Drag and drop the video you wish to download or upload it from your computer.
Wait for the video to load completely, then confirm that the video has completed loading.
If you have any issues, make sure that the video you are trying to upload matches the current one Google Video Guidelines.
Google Business Profile Video Guidelines: Size, Duration, and Resolution
Like most social media platforms, Google Business Profiles have some guidelines to follow:
- Inappropriate content Not allowed, whether this is copyrighted material, hateful or bigoted videos, nudity or any other content that could be considered offensive.
- Up-to-date and real content Required, which means the footage in your video must be legitimate and show your business and now store irrelevant footage or information. The content should be up-to-date, not outdated.
- Clear images is a requirement. Minimal filter effects may be permitted, but anything that results in misleading or blurred content due to image blurring is not acceptable. The purpose of this is to show your real company or product and it should be presented in a straightforward manner without artifice.
- Video footage content is a necessity. This means that the video must be actual footage showing your product and/or business, not a clip of photos, graphics, or anything similar. Also, keep the text minimal and relevant, taking up a tenth of the frame or less.
- The transmission time is up to 30 seconds Supported and no more than 100 MB in size with 720p or higher quality. This is great for teasers and short informational videos but not for long-form ads.
- Approval may take up to 24 hours Your video will be reviewed to ensure it meets the appropriate qualifications described in the guidelines.
Try Google Business Profile videos
What you decide to include in your video is up to you and the type of product or services you offer.
If you find yourself stumped, here are some popular ways to use these personal videos:
- Explain how the product works.
- Provide a tour of the company.
- Show how key decisions are made for your business.
- Unveil a new mascot.
- Interview employees or customers about what they like about your business or product.
- Let your customers see behind the scenes footage like how much fun your team is having at work.
- Find out how your product is made.
- Create a memorable clip that drives interest in your service.
How to make a Google My Business video
Very little is needed to create a good video. In fact, Google has its own site Video makerFor those with technological challenges.
Come up with a creative concept, find some people to feature in the video (if applicable), and record.
You are not limited to a Google tool; You can create any kind of video in MP4 format. This could be as simple as using your iPhone or other recording device and transferring it to your computer.
To add music, overlays, or motion effects to visual scenes, you can use a variety of video editing software.
Video editing can be difficult, but apps that you can easily download to your laptop or PC, such as iMovie or Movie Maker, make the job easier. You’ll also find editing tools inside YouTube Studio.
If you’re having trouble coming up with the perfect concept, have a brainstorming session with your employees and executives or even invite clients’ ideas and concepts.
Professional service providers can also help you come up with great ideas and provide consultancy to guide your project from concept to reality.
Ideas for upgrading your Business Profile videos on Google
Here are some ideas to help get the creative juices flowing!
- Create an awesome song or music to go along with your video.
- Show how you keep track of current trends in safety and business.
- Introduce your customer base to your business and products with an initial video to start the process.
- Answer frequently asked questions.
- Create how-to videos that show fun ways to use your product.
- Make a video “challenge” related to your product so that everyone can participate.
- Provide customer testimonials.
- Show your team working hard and introduce some members.
- Add a sense of humor to make your product memorable.
- Thank you videos for clients and organizations.
Ready to get started?
Research shows that video can give you a competitive edge and get your brand noticed.
If you have creative people on your team, give them a chance to make something memorable. It may spread like wildfire across the internet.
Take advantage of this opportunity to create a bond between your company and your customers by sharing what makes you and your products or services so special.
And remember – as you gain experience, you will learn more and better ways to engage your audience. Keep adapting and evolving until each video is more successful than the last!
- The New Google Business Profile: A Complete Guide to Local SEO
- How to optimize your entire Google My Business listing
- 6 video marketing tips for a smarter strategy
Featured image: Shutterstock / panuwat phimpha