The importance of content as a ranking factor in Google is indisputable – enterprise SEO and content are closely related, and you can’t rank a page without content.
But long gone are the days of slapping the page with the right keywords up and finding yourself at the top of the SERPs.
As customers have gotten smarter and search engines have evolved, the competition for online visibility has intensified to a boiling point.
Average is not good enough. Today, it takes content of exceptional quality that is fully consistent with every searcher’s intention to penetrate the upper echelons of Google rankings on competitive terms.
Enterprise organizations face additional challenges in planning content and production in terms of scale, consistency, and scale.
The developing world continues to go online, and IDC predicts that 65% of global GDP will be digitized by 2022. In their efforts to reduce noise, brands are becoming publishers – serious business.
The competition in search is intense. How can your organization appear consistently with the most effective enterprise SEO content? These four tips will help you.
1. Publish Enterprise SEO Insights at the Speed of Google
Relying on monthly performance reports to inform content and SEO decisions just doesn’t cut it anymore. not when 80% of customers now expect real-time personalization across their entire brand experience.
When a searcher expresses a need in a Google search query box, the engine displays what algorithms believe is the most relevant answer in milliseconds.
As an extension of this real-time answer, site visitors expect a page to load immediately – Google reports that if a page load increases from 1 to 3 seconds, the bounce rate increases by 32%.
Enterprise content SEO technology takes the next step in quickly responding to customer needs with real-time improvements based on the customer’s experience at that moment.
Leveraging insights delivered in real-time, on-demand search data delivers more precision in researching keywords and topics, understanding local and seasonal trends, and emerging opportunities as well.
At the enterprise level, all of this is facilitated by machine learning. It is no longer a good idea to have stakes in a successful digital marketing program.
2. EAT dynamic integration
Experience, Credibility, and Trustworthiness (EAT) are the foundation of Google’s perception of content quality. How can you consistently display these traits at scale in all of your SEO content?
Understanding the purpose of the search drives your ability to create relevant content, directing the type of food intake the reader is looking for. SEO insights inform more accurate use of language across all content in every channel, from your blog and website to email, social, ads, and more.
Understanding and activating these ideas is not possible at scale without the intelligent automation enabled by AI.
When your space includes millions of pages with savvy competitors making thousands of their own optimizations each week, having the technology to do heavy analysis and priority recommendations at scale is essential.
Once you understand exactly what researchers are looking to achieve, you can focus on incorporating elements that make your content EAT-appropriate.
And while Google’s quality evaluator guidelines don’t have a direct impact on rating, they do give us an overview of what Google is looking for in relation to EAT:
- Content creator experience.
- The authority of the content and the domain as a whole as determined by links, quotes, brand signals, and other external signals.
- The credibility of the content and brand as determined by specific sources such as the BBB.
Now, there is no point in trying to cram every possible credential, award, and certification into one single piece of content.
This is where analyzing both the space as a whole and your researcher’s intent helps determine which statistics, external validation, data, endorsements, and other information will push your content from mediocrity to the best possible answer.
3. Embrace smart automation
We touched briefly on the need to automate content improvements, for the speed and comprehensiveness that technology provides.
But digging deeper, there are several other ways smart automation with built-in AI facilitates large-scale SEO, including:
- Prioritize manual improvements so your team can focus on the things that will make the most impact in terms of customer experience and revenue.
- Reduce the time required to extract, process, and analyze data even as capacity increases significantly.
- Run more effective tests more often, removing guesswork from your SEO to-do list.
- Analyze the potential impacts of external forces and industry trends to keep your SEO strategy ahead of the competition.
- Integration with PPC to ensure paid coverage where SERPs do not offer an organic result above the fold.
- Organize content KPIs from multiple sources within a single dashboard for easy access to real-time and historical content performance metrics.
4. Make multichannel sense for you and your organization
Too often, marketing channels are isolated when a holistic view of how content is being delivered and where it is across the customer journey is key today.
Search is one channel that customers will return to again and again throughout their journey, from initial discovery through learning about a brand and its offerings, comparing their options, to loyalty and leaving reviews.
This is why it is essential that each piece of content meets a specific customer need and is optimized so that that purpose is clear to search engines.
Next, consider the channels your customers will use for each new need. Social media may be part of your promotional journey. But you can keep customers coming back for new feature launches, product updates, customer support, and a community of other users to interact with, too.
Email can be used for post-purchase support and blowing up promotions, and can be a good option for sharing more thoughtful content, too.
What matters most is that you understand in every channel, with every new connection:
- Exactly who you are trying to reach.
- What is the immediate need you solve for them.
- How your content presents the best answer.
- What can they do next, whether in that channel or another.
5. Continuously reassess and make improvements on a large scale
Again, the organization faces unique challenges here. You might be dealing with a large network of sites serving customers in different locations, an e-commerce site with thousands to millions of products, or a single large entity with dozens or hundreds of departments all over the world.
Enterprise websites can come with complex technical issues, language and localization needs, and more.
And when any change, internal or external, in an ever-evolving space like your website and place on the web has the potential to impact revenue, it needs to be resolved quickly.
Automated SEO auditing is an enterprise-wide necessity.
While you and your team focus on strategy and planning innovative campaigns, technology should do the scanning work to:
- Site errors that can hinder search performance.
- Technical issues that can completely prevent crawling and indexing.
- Opportunities to improve your SEO and user experience with site hierarchy updates, information organization, on-page SEO elements, and more.
- Possible barriers to accessing a page or completing an action.
Another element to look for is smart recommendations. Who needs another list of technical errors? Ideally, you’ll receive not only the output from the AI-powered analysis but also recommendations on what to do with it.
Enterprise SEO content professionals need equal parts art and technology
The size and scope of enterprise SEO calls for marketing professionals with creativity to dominate the most competitive spaces.
But along with the art of creative marketing comes technological intelligence that enables top enterprise marketers to supplement their efforts with artificial intelligence, machine learning, and automation.
That’s what it takes to deliver the kinds of high-quality, engaging, and inclusive content that Google and its researchers crave.
- 6 Enterprise SEO Strategies and Tactics That Really Work
- 8 SEO skills for organizations that add value to your team and your career
- Top 4 Enterprise SEO Platform Tools: An In-Depth Review
Featured image: sm.art/Shutterstock