6 Major Changes To Content Marketing In 2022 [Report Recap]
The content marketing landscape of 2022 continues to become more complex, with an emphasis on customer experience and strategy.
To navigate this space, your organization must prioritize content strategy and improve your content processes.
In this article, we will share the main ideas from Smashr Report on the State of Content Marketing 2022.
What’s New in 2022: The Top 3 Content Marketing Trends of the Year
One of the hottest trends in content marketing for 2022 is A Focus on getting more people.
Optimizing your content for both search engines and reader experience is essential.
Improving the overall quality of your content and personalizing the experience for your readers is key.
Another trend in content for 2022 is targeting.
Content marketers should focus on making decisions about what content to create based on research on their target audience.
As you research your target audience, find out their wants and needs, especially in terms of search intent and content consumption.
B2B and B2C brands should experiment with more types of content to target specific audiences.
Expand beyond blog posts and research short video content to see increased traffic from searches and engagement from viewers.
It is also important that Set measurable goals which can be reviewed on a regular basis.
This will ensure that your brand content strategy delivers the desired results.
Brands that achieve their goals approach content marketing strategically.
Strategy and planning go into every decision in the content marketing process, from ideation to promotion.
New in 2022: Tactics to make your content marketing strategy work
Do you know what efforts will lead to the best results?
According to our report, here are the top tactics that have led to content marketing successes:
- Improve the quality of our content (55%).
- SEO (46%).
- Creating more videos and visual content (41%).
Here are some tips on how to do this Improve your content To increase visibility in search engine results and improve reader experience:
- Create a headline that tells your readers what to expect.
- Tell a story with your title tags.
- Add links to relevant content on your website.
- Add links to relevant external resources that help the reader navigate your advice and take action.
- Maintain a consistent and relevant tone of voice.
- Improve overall readability with tools such as SEO writing assistant.
- Focus on providing useful content and original research. This is the only way to differentiate yourself from the growing competition.
What’s new in 2022: Key content marketing goals for the year
Creating goals for your marketing campaigns is an essential step in ensuring their success.
The top three main content marketing goals measured by content marketers include:
- Increased brand awareness (45%).
- Drive more traffic to our site (37%).
- lead generation (36%).
Some ways to increase brand awareness through content marketing include:
- Create de-branded, searchable content to grab the attention of people who aren’t familiar with your brand but are looking for more information on a related topic.
- Post on other websites in your industry that already have a large readership to match your target audience.
- Diversify your content via blog posts, videos, podcasts, webinars, white papers, case studies, etc. This will allow you to engage audiences at all stages of the buyer’s journey.
What’s New in 2022: Key areas to invest in content marketing for the year
How do companies plan to invest in content marketing?
Content marketing budgets for 2022 will be used in the following areas of the content operation:
- Community building on social media (41%).
- Increased quality of written content (40%).
- Increased promotion and distribution of content (40%).
To increase the quality of your written content, make sure of the following:
- Your content is original.
- Your content answers a question your target audience frequently asks.
- Your content was created with a specific intent or purpose.
- Your content contains strong titles.
New in 2022: Top searches on Google in content marketing
Here are the top five searches on Google related to content marketing:
- Examples of content marketing.
- Content marketing strategy.
- Content Marketing Institute.
- Definition of content marketing.
- Content Marketing Manager.
You can see that the importance of content marketing is increasing. This means that your competitors are likely to develop their own content marketing strategies.
Use these searches as inspiration to learn more about content marketing and see – firsthand – how search should play a role in your content strategy for 2022.
Within these SERPs, you will begin to understand how people, including you, consume content on Google.
You’ll also be able to see a wide range of content types used to help educate people interested in learning about content marketing.
SEJ and Semrush both have a wide variety of Examples of content marketing You can use it as inspiration for your content strategy. They include blog posts, e-books, podcasts, webinars, and videos.