Twitter Blue has launched in the US and New Zealand after being introduced in Canada and Australia earlier this year.
We’re excited to share that Twitter Blue is now available in the US and New Zealand across iOS, Android, and the web. Twitter Blue is available for a monthly price of $2.99 USD / $4.49 NZD And through it, we give subscribers more features, more content, and more ways to participate in the conversation.”
The subscription price in Canada and Australia, which is $3.49 CAD or $4.49 AUD per month, remains unchanged.
With this broader launch, Twitter is offering more features to subscribers that will allow them to get more out of their experience on the desktop site and mobile app.
What do I get when I sign up for Twitter Blue?
Subscribing to Twitter Blue gives access to the following features:
- Ad-Free Articles (formerly Scroll)On iOS and desktop, Twitter Blue members can access fast-loading, ad-free articles when they visit news sites from Twitter, such as The Washington Post, USA TODAY, The Atlantic, The Daily Beast, Rolling Stone, BuzzFeed, Insider, The Hollywood Reporter, and search engine magazine.
- Top articles: Subscribers can see the most shared articles in their network over the past 24 hours.
- personalizationTwitter Blue members can customize their Twitter experience with exclusive app icons, themes, and bookmark folders. They can also customize what appears in their navigation bar.
- Back off the tweet: Subscribers can preview tweets before they are sent, which gives them the opportunity to undo the tweet if there is a mistake.
- Early access to new featuresSubscribers get early access to new features that Twitter is testing before anyone else.
Twitter still doesn’t give users a much needed edit button, but the undo tweet feature will give you 30 seconds to reconsider posting a tweet after you send it.
How do I sign up for Twitter Blue?
People in the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand can subscribe to Twitter Blue through the main menu on the desktop and mobile app.
Signing up for Twitter Blue is a simple two-step process.
While logged into your account, look for the Twitter Blue icon in the left navigation menu.
Click on the icon and then click on the Subscribe button that appears at the bottom of the next screen.
Note that the screenshot below shows the Canadian rate because I live in Canada, so it may look different to you.
Your subscribe button will show the price you pay in your site.
After clicking the subscribe button, you will be asked one last time to confirm your subscription before your payment method will be charged.
What happens to ad revenue for publishers?
A portion of the proceeds from the subscription fee goes directly to the news publishers.
Twitter Blue’s ad-free articles feature is designed for publishers Not The company says:
“Our goal is to help each publishing partner achieve 50% more per person than they would have made from showing ads to that person.”
With that said, you can join Twitter Blue to enjoy all Search Engine Journal articles ad-free by clicking on them from Our Twitter feed.
Featured image: Marcello Molaretti/Shutterstock