Remarketing tools effectively target ads to people who have already shown interest in your business.
Your team might think of remarketing as a way to re-engage with customers to get them to visit your site again, this time driving a conversion.
To effectively remarket, businesses must rely on data such as how a consumer interacts with their site and what items they were interested in during their visit.
This method makes it possible to customize advertisements and promotions based on the customer’s needs.
Remarketing can help your brand engage with relevant audiences.
With Google phasing out third-party cookies, marketers will need to find first-party data to better dictate their marketing campaigns.
Let’s look at some of the tools available to convert window shoppers into paying customers.
1. Remarketing from Google Ads
For businesses that advertise with Google, adding a remarketing component is a great way to promote your brand to customers who have visited your website before.
When you add a remarketing tag to your website, customers who visit your site become part of an audience group.
You can tailor your ads to the needs of individuals in a specific audience based on their actions on your site.
Since Google has a huge user base, you can reach many potential buyers with your remarketing campaigns.
Google also allows ads to run as text, images, and video, which creates opportunities for interaction with customers.
Google Ads helps people revisit their buying journey, wherever they left off with your brand.
- Easily integrates with existing Google Ads.
- Allows remarketing across Google devices.
- Ad repetition can become annoying to potential customers.
Pricing: Typically, the remarketing CPC is between $0.65 and $1.25 per click.
AdRoll Offers an advertising platform that helps businesses retarget buyers who visited your site but didn’t convert. It features a cross-channel performance dashboard that allows your marketing team to run ads across multiple networks.
Using artificial intelligence, they make predictions based on years of experience to help increase conversions and improve your return on investment.
AdRoll Pixel added to your website to track visitor behavior. This allows ads tailored to the products that initially brought the consumer to your site.
It also meets the potential buyer where they left off in the buying process.
Remarketing ads can be used across more than 500 networks, whether users are using a laptop, phone, Google, Yahoo, Facebook or Instagram.
Besides ads, AdRoll also sends emails about what interests the shopper. This encourages shoppers to return to your site to complete their purchase.
- The interface is easy to learn.
- The ads can be easily customized and offer a variety of templates.
- Customer service can be slow to provide answers.
- Lacks real-time reporting.
Pricing: Costs are calculated based on the number of unique visitors per month to your website. Example: For 5,000 visitors per month, the price is $72 per month.
mailchimp Specializes in engaging customers with relevant and informed emails.
With automation, they can easily send the right message at the right time to remarket to potential buyers.
Mailchimp is unique in setting up customer journeys to control the message sent along the purchase process.
Among the most useful things for remarketing are cart abandonment emails that remind customers of the items left in their cart.
In addition, product retargeting emails remind people to go back and revisit items they have previously viewed on your site.
The services available through Mailchimp work in the background to help increase sales of your products.
Product recommendations are also included in remarketing emails, so potential buyers see relevant items.
- Easy to use with tutorials and help resources available.
- Free for companies with less than 2,000 contacts.
- Built with the small business in mind.
- Lacks automation for organizing contact database.
- Limited templates.
Pricing: The cost depends on the number of contacts you have.
For the 1,500 contacts plan, there are the following options:
- The free plan (companies with less than 2,000 contacts).
- Essentials for $23 a month.
- Standard for $59 per month.
- Premium for $299 per month.
4. Transform the flow
transformation It prioritizes customer personalization throughout their entire journey. Through insightful automation, site visitors are tagged and segmented based on their behaviour.
This helps target them with the right campaign or email marketing tool to win conversion.
For returning customers, ConvertFlow offers personalized CTAs, showcasing relevant products to complete the sale.
This tool also personalizes the trip based on the visitor’s company name and job title to help secure profitable accounts.
- Relevant targeting throughout the entire customer journey.
- No coding experience required.
- Loading delays occasionally.
- The comprehensive tools can be overwhelming without adequate customer support.
- Expensive for small businesses.
Pricing: A free trial of 250 conversions and a 14-day free trial are offered for the Pro plan.
After the trial period ends, choose between the three plans:
- The Pro plan costs $99 per month (10,000 visitors per month).
- The Teams plan costs $300 per month (10,000 visitors per month).
- The business plan costs $800 per month (100,000 visitors per month).
5. Facebook Custom Audience
Facebook Custom Audiences It allows your business to advertise directly to Facebook users who have already interacted with your brand.
It relies on your website or Facebook data to generate relevant ads.
Remarketing tactics can interact with users who have previously seen your post. Depending on their actions, ads are generated specifically for the user at their specific place in the purchase process.
- Makes your Facebook ads more effective.
- Effective in combating shopping cart abandonment.
- Facebook users log in for social reasons, not necessarily to go shopping.
- For a small group of users who have already interacted with your posts.
Pricing: Cost is based on advertising budget, cost per click (CPC) and cost per thousand impressions (CPM).
Criteo prides itself on dynamic retargeting ads that use cutting edge technology.
Instead of simply reminding a website visitor of a product they’ve viewed, ads can target other products with the potential to lead to conversion.
Their technology has excellent product recommendations and can track customers across channels to browse your site and the competition.
Criteo increases your return on investment by predicting when a shopper is most likely to convert.
Then, it personalizes ads with creative optimization by engaging ad formats, colors, and a call-to-action that will impact the individual consumer.
- The algorithm increases conversions.
- Personalized ads support the customer’s buying journey.
- There is no free trial option.
pricingCost depends on your ad budget, CPC, and CPM basis (similar to Google Ads), so it varies greatly.
Fixel Focuses on remarketing through data-driven tactics, relying on segmentation to ensure your audience gets the right ad to convert.
With AI, code is added to your website and can be integrated with the platforms you’re already on (Google Ads, Pinterest Ads, etc.).
Fixel then helps you focus on users with higher purchase intent.
This tool is well-tuned for remarketing because it reduces spending on Browsers and focuses on people who are serious about your product.
- Uses your advertising budget to target users who are most likely to convert.
- The code can be quickly added to the website; Painless startup.
- Fewer people were targeted with this segmentation method.
- Some knowledge of remarketing is necessary to understand the platform.
Pricing: Self-service plans start at $69 per month.
ReTargeter It offers three retargeting products.
First, similar to the other tools we’ve listed, a piece of code is added to your site to help re-engage visitors after they leave your site.
ReTargeter is dedicated to user privacy, collecting vital personal data while using anonymous identifiers. This keeps consumer data safe while being targeted while browsing the Internet.
ReTargeter also offers search retargeting to reach users who are still searching for products like yours even after they leave your website.
Your team enters a list of keywords, and advanced technology takes care of finding audiences that match your search words.
Again, this helps reach customers who are interested in your product without paying for search clicks.
- Dedicated to retargeting (location, CRM, and search).
- Complies with the latest industry privacy standards.
- Does not offer a free trial.
- Limited customer support.
Pricing: $1,500 per month per user form.
9. Wunderkind Audiences
wonders On a mission to provide the most personalized ads to your customer by connecting data across multiple channels.
Using this information, this tool creates highly motivated audiences who are more likely to convert.
Wunderkind offers triggered emails that are tailored to the individual consumer. It also provides text message ads to interact with potential buyers.
Add to that website advertising that helps grow your subscriber list, and you have a recipe for engagement wherever a potential buyer spends their time.
Wunderkind prides itself on identifying high intent audiences to maximize your ROI.
- Omnichannel data collection gives a clear picture of the audiences.
- Texting capabilities.
- It may be too expensive for small businesses.
Pricing: Only enterprise level companies can use the tool. Find a custom rate for your business (on average, you can expect to spend about $10,000 per month).
10. SharpSpring ads
SharpSpring ads (formerly Perfect Audience) promises to maximize your advertising impact through comprehensive retargeting channels.
So, whether you’re looking to target audiences from social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter or hoping to win back sales on your website, SharpSpring has you covered.
With Shopify, you can set up dynamic ads that integrate with your storefront.
Cross-platform personalized shopping ads appear on any device.
SharpSpring designs ads to reconnect lost users with their own dynamic ad builder. This allows you to customize featured products, color, text, and calls-to-action.
- Customizable ads.
- Integrates with Shopify.
- Basic reports and analytics.
pricing: no setup fee; The cost depends on your advertising budget and CPM basis.
- 10 amazing ways to harness the power of PPC remarketing campaigns
- Beginner’s Guide to Google Ads and Facebook Remarketing
- PPC 101: A Complete Guide to the Basics of PPC Marketing
Featured image: SFIO CRACHO / Shutterstock