Do you want to increase your business content production?
If you have a hard time finding and retaining reliable writers, the idea of scaling your content production may seem impossible.
Good news: content scaling is very possible.
You just need to know:
- What are the challenges to look for when starting to develop your content creation strategy?
- How to solve common content upgrade challenges.
- What are the services like Continentlycan help simplify the process.
Step 1: Identify common challenges when scaling up content production
Internal content creation faces several challenges that hinder scaling up of content production.
These challenges typically include bandwidth, productivity, and business goals.
If the main limitation is team bandwidth: The best solution is to outsource content creation.
In fact, 50% of organizations choose to outsource their content marketing efforts According to B2B Content Marketing Standards, Budgets, and Trends: Insights for 2022 from the Content Marketing Institute.
The most successful content teams are outsourced or made up of multiple people, according to the same survey.
Organizations that have outsourced content creators have seen positive results with their content marketing efforts across a wide range of metrics and goals.
These include increasing website engagement, conversions, and traffic.
86% of organizations outsource content, according to CMI’s B2B report in 2021, specifically outsource content creation.
But when it comes to outsourcing content initiatives, many content marketing teams face major issues, such as finding writers.
Don’t worry, we can help.
Step Two: Find and retain reliable writers in your field
It is very easy to find a book.
There are plenty of freelance communities, freelance marketplaces, job boards, and single freelance sites to choose from.
Finding reliable writers is the hard part.
CMI’s B2B Report indicated that the biggest challenge 65% of organizations faced when outsourcing content was finding someone with subject matter expertise.
To make it easier for you, here is a checklist of what to look for when finding a trusted book from external sources:
- Does your freelance job listing specify which industry the writer should be experienced in?
- Does your potential writer have files and writing samples?
- Are the writing samples specific to your field?
- Does the potential writer have testimonials available for review?
- Do you have the bandwidth to review all incoming portfolios and samples?
Once you’ve found the right number of freelance writers for your content needs, be sure to focus on keeping them with consistent work and competitive pay.
Otherwise, you will find yourself constantly looking for new freelancers to meet your content production needs.
Step 3: Reduce administrative time spent creating content
The next challenge you may face when outsourcing your content marketing efforts is the amount of time you spend managing your external writers.
Let’s say your organization’s content needs require a group of seven freelancers to meet them.
Your next steps are:
- Introduce them to your organization and its products or services.
- Discuss ideas and new topic briefs.
- Keep track of upcoming or missed deadlines.
- Discuss payment options and make the payment.
For this step, we recommend looking for creative ways to reduce this administrative time and improve your content marketing return on investment.
Creating a standard on-boarding routine or introducing an automated system makes a great addition to expanding your content creation journey.
Step 4: Get the content you want the first time
Build a unified feed creation strategy to ensure each writer understands the specific purpose of their content.
In addition to communicating with the freelancers discussed above, you’ll need to be mindful of the time you spend moving your content from first draft to ready to publish.
Depending on the quality of the book you’ve chosen, this could be as simple as one round of proofreading to several rounds of comments and revisions.
Creating a standardized feed process helps simplify and speed up the content creation process.
How Contentfly simplifies the process of outsourcing content creation
If the above steps seem daunting, Contentfly can help bring outside writers online faster.
Speed up the writer selection process with pre-screened writer kits
When you sign up for Contentfly, you no longer have to search for individual writers to create your content.
The process for finding new writers is simple:
- Submit a content request through the Contentfly dashboard.
- Contentfly matches your content request with a writer who fits your industry.
- You receive a completed piece of content within a specified time frame based on the length of your content.