A new report from Google contains data on how customer expectations are changing, and reveals what people want from companies this year.
Based on a comparison of search volume from 2021 to 2022, indications are that customers want both of these things to come sooner. And Later.
If customers are shopping in person, they want the ability to do so late at night, and if they’re shopping online, they want items to arrive as soon as tomorrow.
They also want new corporate experiences, like the ability to bring their pets out to dinner.
The data in the report is compiled by Google Ads Research and Statistics A team of analyzing billions of recent search queries.
Staying abreast of changing consumer expectations can help your business better meet their needs, ensuring that they continue to choose you over competitors.
The report provides insight into how customers formulate their needs when searching for information in Google Search.
You can meet customers wherever they are on Google by emphasizing some of these key phrases on your website or business listing.
Here are the top insights from Google’s report on the latest developments in consumer behavior and market trends.
High consumer expectations
Consumer expectations for new experiences, services and ways to shop are increasing, with searches for:
- “Late night shopping”: an increase of 100% year-on-year.
- “Customer Service 24/7”: an increase of 500% year-on-year.
- Dog friendly restaurants: an increase of 100% year-on-year.
- “Next day flower delivery”: an increase of 800% year on year.
These trends highlight the speed with which consumers expect products to be on hand.
On top of that, they want many hours of post-purchase customer support.
When going out to visit local businesses, customers expect more of the comforts of home. Like being able to bring their dog to a restaurant.
If your business meets these needs, make sure you feature it on your website so that searchers can find you.
Personal events are back
Consumers are eager to get out of their homes and enjoy some personal events again.
Searches are increasing for:
- cinema near me: 300% increase year on year.
- “sitting chart”: 600% increase year on year.
- “spring break”: an increase of 100% year-on-year.
- Unique things to do: an increase of 100% year-on-year.
These trends indicate that consumers are comfortable attending events in person this year, which is a good sign if you plan to host an event.
However, people do not want everything As it used to be, as evidenced by the “unique things to do” search trend.
In-person events are back again, but consumers won’t necessarily settle for the same old things they did before.
Outstanding epidemic trends
Many of what Google calls “pandemic-related trends” remain constant.
Searches are still rising for:
- “makeup game”: an increase of 700% year-on-year.
- “Best movies to stream now”: 300% increase year on year.
- nurseries near me: an increase of 100% year-on-year.
- “female hair trends”: an increase of 800% year on year.
For more data, see the full report on Think with Google.
Featured image: VectorMine/Shutterstock